Monday, October 08, 2007

Self Study 1: Oct 7 (Sun) 10.30-11.30am

Almost took a month off not doing any biking activities, as I've been on holiday at the end of Sept.

The new bicycle I just brought (for about 2 months) has been STOLEN from the racks at my apartment block. It annoys me, but then I have to get on a real bike anyway.

So this Sunday morning, I hired the bike at my motoring school, and drive on my own. Since I haven't take the compulsory exam yet, I am still training at the enclosed area at school and not on the road.

The day has been hot and sunny, and I sucked at the first 15 mins or so for my hour's time (and it's expensive to rent!).

But then after warming-up, I have no problem with the clutch. (Concentration is the key)

Some intensive training I give myself to do - whenever I fail to do something, I keep doing the same thing until it has been corrected.

I still have problems turning left due to my wrist injury, and therefore at one time I just keep turning left at the corners of the enclosed area. It's hard to keep my hands at a stable position when I turn, and also keeping my body slightly tilted at the same time. Eventually I managed to not drop my foot for support. Great.

Next thing I fix is stopping without choking... It's been good practice on my right foot brake and stopping distance. I also find out the correct force to be applied on the hand brake. Really "smooth" is what I need to get hold of.

Stopping and restarting, sorted. Actually I enjoyed hearing the "friction point" so much better, now that I get what it means.

The attempt at the 8-shape lines were not so satisfactory. Need more work on there.

Haven't shift gears today (no major problem on that during classes), so I'll leave it for next round. I enjoy speeding up, and that's my problem when I turn at the last class - so I try turning at snail speed for now.

Let's see what I am up to next week. If I remember everything from today and work on the rest next time, I don't think I'll be too far away from the compulsory exam. (still haven't reschedule it)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's next? "Wheelies" in the parking lot, that's what! Remember, the skin grows back, mostly.