Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Self Study 4: Nov 27 (Tue) 8.30-9.30pm

After a nightmare about failing the exam, I was so freaked out that I spent more cash on another session of self study.

The night was busy with lots of students in the main bike area - one of the instructors recommended the exam area, which I already planned to devote all my time in there.

I warmed up with 30-min of just making circles to the left & right of the butterfly-lane, with stopping and starting in the centre. Initially I smashed at the corners and let the engine go dead. It took me long to get used to the correct balance, speed and control.

I shared the area with another guy (whom I didn't talk to) and he was doing fine all the way. On the contrary, I have a lot of hiccups during my 2nd half-hour continuous mock test. 3 times when I switched from "Emergency stopping" to normal, the 2nd gear was still on without me realizing it. Took me some frustrating minutes to sort that out. I also tend to gear up/down wrongly during the repetition. Nothing goes too perfectly.

Maybe I am pushing myself a bit too hard without much practice, and maybe I am not as talented as my interest goes...But I did try my best. Let's see what will happen in 30 hours from now.

No comments: