Sunday, November 25, 2007

Self Study 3: Nov 25 (Sun) 3.30-4.30pm

It was more than a month ago since I last ride. That exam is on this coming Thurs, and I desperately need some warm up...

Starting right at the examination area with the enclosed lanes - I want to see what will happen if I immediately give myself the exam without any practice. Turned out to be a mess as I turn -- crashed a few cones and ran out of the lane on the second turn.

So I just have to do a few more rounds on the outside... It felt better, but the bike fell when I was playing at the "8" line. Very embarrassing with another male student helping me out. Also I tried the "slope" once (which involved starting on the slope), and lost control of whatever I should be doing... In the end I managed to get downhill, but not in the smoothest way..

My wrist was healing but not perfectly, and I felt the pain getting in sometimes... Must have been some other mischief I did earlier, making my turns slightly uncomfortable (and hence running over cones)...

There was one very disturbing mock exam when I got back to the exam area. There was this one when I let die of the engine on restart, and I just keep letting go of the clutch in a hurry, resulting in a series of hop-dead... Because there were other students waiting in the line, and I felt really bad holding up the area, so I have to get back to the training area in disappointment.

I moved around the motoring school area with not much problem, which made me more worried about my exam performance. (Since driving outside is completely different from the exam criteria).

After today I was not as confident as I should be. Maybe I have to spare a night to practice one last chance this week before the exam...

Failing, or predicting a failure, is never a good thought.

No comments: