Sunday, April 27, 2008

L-plate Lesson 6: Apr 19 (Sat) 9.30-10.30am

Yet another rainy day, with the earliest typhoon in the year since WWII. I would have take the lesson the day after (which was totally sunny..!) - if I could.

Anyway, I had to riding with the yellow raincoat and pants with zero ventilation...

Thinking that my Figure 8 skill sucks - I wanted the day to be Figure 8 practice only...

After the warm up, I was up the slope. But I still feel a bit stiff, and was not able to do u-turns to the right at the bottom of the 8 loop... and even the top of the 8 loop was not easy. Once I had to turn left but forgot to look ahead... when I realized I am going to run into the side barriers, it was too late. Again I was so nervous that, like my first trial of compulsory exam, or the first Figure 8s I tried, I pulled on the throttle --- and rammed (with acceleration) to the left side of the bike into the barrier, heading downhill...

I had to ask one of the instructors to help me pull the bike out - because it was so stuck on the barrier. Some of the foam coverings were torn off..!! My left leg was in pain. For the rest of the week I was having this MASSIVE PALM-SIZED bruise near the achilles. Jesus!

I was blaming that on the weather, giving me all the suffocation... So I headed out for the road. Again I took the route with more traffic lights.

At one junction I want to move too fast with the clutch and ended up killing the engine. The minibus behind me stopped so closed to me that it almost crashed into my backwheel when I slided a bit backwards...! That was kinda dangerous. When I passed this junction the 2nd time on the same route, the killing of the engine happened again, this time due to the bike being on the 2nd gear. Life hadn't been this difficult for a long while. My feet were so wet after stepping in puddles of dirty water at every junction...!

It was, the worst training day and I only have one more left. I really need to be good, fast.

No comments: