Monday, May 19, 2008

L-plate Lesson 13: May 19 (Mon) 11.30am-12.30pm

It's raining man!

Okay, not too heavy. I've managed worse.

But this is a taught class mainly training up people's incline figure-8 skills. We stayed within the enclosed area.

Two others were in my class. One bigger boy in late 20s, another a French-accent woman at late 30s. They were both frustrated because of the rain, and also that their exam is scheduled tomorrow... I'm surprised that so many people squeeze all their classes to the day before the exam. Obviously they can't manage well with even the figure-8 part (they will simply be sent home without going on the roads).

This annoyed me as well, because this is the last taught class and I only have 2 more self-study classes to go to. No more mock exam - how am I supposed to know if I am doing everything that meet the exam criteria?

My figure-8 is fine, even with the slippery road. But my counter-steering skill is so pretentiously overdoing that, the instructor (the bad cop, at the first L-plate class!) was telling me off! I was bending so far in, unnecessarily. What I should do is to lean the bike in, but my body should remain square.

I slipped and fell off three times because I don't want to step on the ground. Nothing serious. But I got what the instructor said, and managed the corners better. I should also use the full length and width of the inclined slope. Previously I took pride in turning very sharp and narrow, but I should really do the exam requirements. It's not like I'm 100% not going to fall doing the advanced stuff.

Also for starting on the slope I lost the friction point when I panicked. Kinda makes me wonder how bad the exam pressure can be.

OK - two more classes. Let's hope it's not going to rain.

No comments: