Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mock Exam: May 13 (Tue) 1.30-3.30pm

The same instructor who leaded me out to the routes last time, was the one taking care of the two of us doing the mock exam class.

We were pretty alright when we do our figure-8. I jerk a little but no big problem.

The other student went on the route first, followed by the instructor and then me. He got the short route while I have the longer one.

Then it was my turn. My first mistake was at the immediate exit of the school. Vehicles in examination was there and I stopped too close to it. I should have stayed further away, at least enough for me to change lanes if the vehicle ended up dead on the road.

Slightly disturbed I speed up a little. My clutch skill turned out to be horrible... I was making a loud sound changing gears... Afterwards the instructor say I shouldn't be holding on the throttle when I pull down the clutch. Argh... Now I know. I should have done things step by step: up throttle, pull clutch, kick gear, release clutch.

At the end of the long straight road came the end of another highway at the left. I'm surprised that we ended up with a traffic jam at that roadwork sign - with a lot of coaches and trucks. I panicked when I wanted to stop - and LANDED ON MY RIGHT FOOT. Aaaaawwwwwwww!

The best way was to follow the same lane until we reach the residential corner we have to turn. No change of lanes required at all. The residential area was okay. There was another truck popping out at the lights, luckily my breaks were working fine this round. But I should have stayed at the right side of the single lane to have a better view of the road.

I made more sounds when I was on the way back. Made another mistake of taking the wrong lanes at another sets of lights. And then I change lanes right after the lights because of a slow moving L-plate car... While I should have used the other lane, empty, that can be used to turn too. Argh...

Really I should make the slow-down part step by step too, to avoid getting stuck at once but at the wrong gear. I did it at the last sets of lights and got this remark.

Engine off but we finished with all these disappointing reviews. Now I really need to pay more attention at what I am doing on the road, while my confidence is still there...

No comments: