Saturday, May 10, 2008

L-plate Lesson 9: May 10 (Sat) 2.30-3.30pm

On my own again. Last class I figured out what I need to improve on the road, and seriously I'll need to work on it more.

Things start okay but when I was on the road, I landed on my right foot after the 2nd set of lights. Arrghhh... I really have to pay attention at what I am doing there. From then on, I lean to the left and stick out my left foot every time I have to stop, which helps!

It was a busy day with a LOT of L-plate mini-vans. They've no minimum speed limit, and therefore making such a traffic jam along my route. We all spent a lot of time waiting at the lights.

There were more dangerous situations for me. Once after a corner-turn, I came up to a mini-bus stop with a bus there, and had to stop. But behind me was a huge bus bending over the corner, almost running into me...! That was scary.

The other time I had was trying to change lane without looking first - oh crap there was a taxi on my left! What I should have done was to signal first, turn my head to check BEFORE turning into the other lane... My bike was literally jerking on the lane and it was so horrible that the taxi had to slow down. Luckily I didn't crash.

Other times I'm doing okay, but that's not good enough because it's better to do everything correctly before the exam (I'm having a mock on Tue...)

Back at the school, I'm doing better starting up on the bridge. I really should step on the foot brake harder, but release it when I start and reach friction point. Did one loop of 8 and then the rest is miserable. I should be working on it again tomorrow then...

No comments: